Savory Wild Rice Stuffed Onions
|Kalorien: -||Zubereitungszeit -|
Zutaten für (6 Servings)
- 6 gro▀ Vidalia Onions or 8 med yellow onions.
- 1 Tasse Mushrooms, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Apple, peeled, cored, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 El Fresh parsley, minced
- 2 El Fresh marjoram, minced (used
- 1 Tl Dried)
- 1 Tl Lemon juice
- 1/4 Tl Paprika Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tasse Wild rice, cooked
- Vegetable stock
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Cut 1/4 unch off both ends of the onion and peel off dry layers. Bake onions, root end down in baking dish for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool and hollow out each onion from top, leaving 1/2 inch shell (outer most 2-4 layers).
3. Chop 1 cup of reserved onion and saute with mushrooms in a medium hot pan for 3 minutes. Add garlic and apple and saute 3 minutes. Add parsley, marjoram, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper; combine the sauteed mixture with the cooked rice.
4. Fill each onion shell with rice mixture. Pour enough stock to cover bottom of onions (about 1/2 inch). Bake for 20 minutes, basting the stuffed onions with stock occasionally.
Makes 6-8 servings depending on which onions you use.
My suggestion on this is that the onions took A LOT longer to cook than 30 minutes. If you want to fix this for a dinner, I recommend that you bake the onions the night before, and then finish up the next evening with the filling. The onions will also be cool then, instead of working with hot onions that just came out of the oven.
From: jmmille2 (Joann M. Miller). Fatfree Digest [Volume 8 Issue 48] June 9, 1994. Formatted by Sue Smith, S.Smith34, TXFT40A@Prodigy.com using MMCONV